Ellipse IPL Acne Clearance Treatment at Serenity Beauty
Serenity Beauty offers IPL Acne Clearance Treatment, an alternative to Acne removal and maintenance. The technically advanced Ellipse IPL Acne Clearance using an Intense Pulsed Light system solves many unwanted problems. Your personal requirements are overseen and performed, in confidence, by our senior IPL specialist.
Acne is a real problem for most people varying in age and skin type. Regardless of one’s situation everyone experiences some form of an unsightly, inconvenient outbreak at some point in their lives.
There are many myths about the causes of acne, most surround diet and hygiene, however neither are accurate. Acne can be caused by the body’s increased production of the hormone androgen (produced by both men and women) which stimulates the sebaceous glands to produce more oil. The increased production of oil causes the pores to become blocked so that the oil cannot come up to the skin’s surface. The proprionbacterium/p-acne then feed on and break down this oil. As the bacteria multiply, waste products and sebacic acid are created and irritate the sebaceous gland which becomes inflamed causing a blackhead (open comedone), pimple or nodule.
Types of Acne:
The Ellipse IPL treats 3 types of acne:
– Acne vulgaris: Clogging of the hair follicles that leads to unsightly and sometime painful, skin lesions and pimples.
– Acne conglobas: Covers the back, chest, and buttocks with pustules and nodules. This might cause a severe bacterial infection, as well as extensive scarring
– Acne rosacea: An inflammation of the face, neck or chest.
The treatment with the Ellipse IPL works in 2 ways:
– The light targets the porphyrins produced by the P. acnes bacteria in the skin. A photodynamic reaction occurs and produces the free radical single oxygen which performs a selective destruction of the P. acnes themselves. With successive treatments the rate of acne destruction can become greater than the growth of the bacteria leading to a reduction in the inflamed lesions and can prevent further traumatic scarring.
– Light is absorbed into the blood vessels, which supply the sebaceous glands. By heating up the capillaries this will reduce the blood flow to the sebaceous glands and decrease the over-production of oil in the skin.
The schedule is 4 treatments, to take place once every 3-4 weeks. This routine can be repeated again to achieve further results.
Who can we treat?
On the Fitzpatrick scale, skin types 1-3 and 4 can be treated with caution.
Does it hurt?
Tolerance of pain is very individual from person to person. Many patients describe the sensation as a warming sensation similar to the feeling one has after a day on the beach.
Do I need to take special precautions before and after treatment?
The Ellipse acne treatment is a combination therapy. We recommend you have a Dermaquest Peel one month prior to treatment. Sun exposure should be avoided 30 days post and prior treatment and a SPF30+ must be worn daily.
What can I expect?
Clients may notice some general redness on the face and following the treatment pigmented areas may appear darker and eventually disappear.
Because the bacteria is difficult to eradicate completely, you will probably be recommended to continue using adaplene cream or gel some months after the treatment has ended.
Why have Treatments at Serenity Beauty?
1. Specialist Therapist
Our Specialist IPL/ Laser hair removal therapists are dedicated to providing personalized esthetic treatments to address a wide range of skin care issues for the face and body. The knowledge we have expands from training, demonstrations of the equipment to medically assisted treatments on the Ellipse Machines. Our therapists have refined their ability to deliver safe and ethical treatments which reflects in our standards of Clinical Excellence.
2. Free no obligation consultations and patch tests are available.
Please do not hesitate to request a price list by sending an enquiry email to email@example.com
Alternatively, you can email us with the areas that you’re interested in treating. We will contact you via email or via our call back services.
Acne Suggestions of other treatments:
IPL Acne Clearance Price Guide
4 IPL Acne Clearance Treatments, 3 week intervals.